14 January, 2012

[Complete Walkthrough] Cafe 0 ~ The Drowned Mermaid ~


You guys probably weren't expecting this walkthrough, since admittedly it is pretty spontaneous and out of nowhere. But since I haven't posted up one in a while, I thought - why not? I guess it mostly stemmed from me being completely and utterly bored one day, that I decided to replay this Visual Novel. I know that a lot of people have struggled to achieve the True Ending, so hopefully this helps you out. 

If you guys would still like to play the game for yourself, and would only like some hints to put you on the right track I do recommend only reading the general tips. The game itself is pretty straight forward and not entirely difficult, so this wouldn't be any challenge to achieve at all. If you're completely lost, feel free to keep scrolling down for the options on each character. 

General Tips

  • Whenever a decision point appears, save immediately. This is the basic rule for all Visual Novels since if the result of your choice isn't what you wanted, you can always reload and try again.
  • This VN makes it all the easier to know the result of your choice - as either a white butterfly symbol or a black butterfly symbol will appear afterwards.
  • The white means you made a good choice for the good end and the black means you made a bad choice for the bad ending
  • For the true end itself, you must complete the game a minimum of four times.To do this, achieve Shou's good + bad end and Tooru's good + bad end. You must complete these for the true ending.
  • To achieve the good end - simply select all the options that show a white butterfly afterwards.To achieve the bad end - simply select all the options that show a black butterfly afterwards.
  • After you have done so, each day visit Ami and show her a different item.
  • If you follow the above steps, it will lead you to the true ending


Shou Takizawa (The Doctor) Route
Good End
"I'm so embarrassed"
"Have you ever touched my hand before?"
"Stay quiet"

Bad End
"I'm going to die soon! What should I do?"
"What's that photo?"
"Forbidden love?!"

Tooru Mizutani (The Ex-Boyfriend) Route
Good End
"That's good"
"I'm sorry"
"I'm glad that he finally trusts me"

Bad End
"Did you dump me?"
"Then just close your eyes"
"He's too suspicious"

Ami Kawase (The Bestfriend) True Ending
"Show her something"
"Cap"
"Broken Bracelet"
"Necklace"
"Photo"

The order of the items that you show Ami doesn't really matter - as long as you have 4 different items from completing the 4 endings above.

Bad End
This end isn't really all that important, as nothing happens within it (no CGs). But, just to have that feeling of "fully" completing a game, all you need to do is not complete the protagonist's body. Even if its one part missing - its fine. This will lead to the "bad end". The bad ending simply states that you must restart once more the last seven days of your life, as your heart is not satisfied with the ending given. 

Cafe 0 itself merely represents a place for wandering ghosts, who wish to see the "alternative endings" of their demise. It gives them a choice to change that end - however, this does not mean it will undo their death. 

3 comments:

  1. Holy hell. Thanks for the walkthrough!
    A part of me regrets playing this, not because it was bad, the story, the art, everything was just perfect.
    It was the... morale, the truth the actual ending that broke my heart, and made me cry. Because people like that... actually exists.

    Thanks for the walkthrough again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, it makes me happy knowing that I helped people out ^_^ And yes, I was so surprised myself at the "true" end, since the characters were just so incredibly warped.

      I felt that the characters themselves didn't have a good enough reason to do such a thing. Although I DID hear the the author was originally planning to make a release with extra info about the characters.

      But overall, I did enjoy the game :)

      Delete
  2. Maaaany thanks for the walkthrough. I was wondering if I was Overplaying... SO glad to see "oh... no I'm supposed to have to play this at least 4 times to get a true ending".

    After the fourth ending I was thinking "Do I has a dumb??"

    I appreciated the waiter being named Sui... wonder what the waiter in The Sleeping Beast will be... Oni? Kaiju? Suimin?

    ReplyDelete